- Mphil (Accounting) - KNUST, BSc Business Administration (Accounting) - KNUST
- email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- KSB, Room TF 25
Beatrice is an Assistant Lecturer at the KNUST School of Business. She holds a Master of Philosophy in Accounting from KNUST. She is also an associate member of the Institute of Charted Accountants Ghana. She was awarded the outstanding female student in the May 2013 ICA-G exams. Her teaching experience covers Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting and Auditing. She has research interest in corporate governance, accounting regulations and compliance, gender diversity and firm performance.
List of Publications:
- Appiah, K.O., Asamoah, L.A. and Osei, B., (2016). Nomination committee-board gender diversity nexus in Ghana. International Journal of Business Governance and Ethics, 11(2), pp.135-158.
Description of Research Interest:
- Gender diversity
- Corporate governance
- Accounting regulation and compliance
- Auditing and ethics
- Intermediate Accounting
Selected Projects Supervised:
- Effect of collapse of MFIs on existing firms
- The role of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in Banking Sector
- The role of internal audit function on corporate governance. A case study of KNUST
- Budgeting and Budgeting control practices, a case study of KNUST
- The impact of mobile (susu) saving schemes on the development of small and medium scale businesses in Kwahu west municipal assembly.
- Assessing the compliance of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) among selected firms in Kumasi metropolis