Matilda Kokui Owusu-Bio
- MBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management Option(KNUST), BSc Computer Science (KNUST)
- KSB Building Room TF 08
Mrs. Matilda Kokui Owusu-Bio (nee Wemegah) is a lecturer in the department of Supply Chain and Information Systems at the KNUST School of Business. She obtained her Masters of Business Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain Management option degree from KNUST School of Business. She also holds a BSc. in Computer Science from KNUST. She had her secondary school education (O and A level) at Wesley Girls High school - Cape coast.
Prior to her appointment as a lecturer, Matilda was the Sales and Marketing Manager for the West African Institute for Supply Chain Leadership, a research Centre within the Department of Supply Chain and Information Systems at the KNUST School of Business. She has also been in charge of managing Industrial visitations by students of the department.
She is a member of the following professional bodies and societies;
The Institute of Operations Management, the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, Women in Logistics and Transport, The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, DisasterReady Organization, Global Forum for Disaster Management and World Humanitarian Summit. She is married with three children and enjoys reading, cooking, basketball and watching movies as extracurricular activities.
Publications & Research:
List of Publications:
- Otchere, A., Annan, J., Owusu-Bio, M., (2015). An assessment of Solid Waste Management System in Kumasi Metropolis. Journal of Arts and Humanity, Vol. 04, No. 03: 27-39.
- Owusu-Bio, M., Manso Frimpong, J., Adiwokor, E., (2015). Mapping the Internal Supply Chain for Educational Institutions. A Case Study of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. European Journal of Business and Management, Vol.7, No.32
- Owusu-Bio, M., Manso Frimpong, J., Duah, G., (2016).The state of Road Transport Infrastructure in ensuring Passenger safety in Ghana. European journal of Logistics, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Vol.4, No.2: 79-85
- Owusu-Bio, M., Acheampong, D., Frimpong Manso, J., (2016) Disaster Response Management in Ghana: A case of the NationalAmbulance Service. International Journal of Recent Scientific Research Vol. 7, Issue 4
- Owusu-Bio, M.,Donkor, D., Muntaka, M., (2016)Improving local linkages in the Supply Chain of Ghana’s mining industry: A case of Newmont Ghana Gold limited. Journal of Logistics Management Volume 5(2)
- Owusu-Bio, M., Osei Bonsu, F., Annan, J.(2016) An investigation into Sustainable Product Packaging practices and performance in the Pharmaceutical Industry in Ghana. International Journal of Development and Sustainability Vol. 5 (1)
Description of Research Interest:
Matilda’s research interest and focus is on Humanitarian Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Disaster Management, Supply Chain Risk Management, Procurement Management and Total Quality Management Strategies.
She is particularly looking at the Logistics functions within Relief Supply Chains and Disaster management systems and how to build resilience, coordination and integration within them. She also is interested in humanitarianism in building effect response systems in disasters using adaptive logistics system.
Teaching & Supervision:
- Matilda teaches various courses at the undergraduate, postgraduate and Distance learning levels of the Business school and other faculties. The courses include Humanitarian Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Supply chain Risk Management, Planning and control systems in Supply Chains, Operations management, Total Quality Management, Procurement Management and Principles of management
Selected Projects Supervised
- Matilda has supervised students both at the Undergraduate and postgraduate level from both the Business school and the CEMBA program.