Bylon Abeeku Bamfo
- PhD University Of Southampton School Of Management, MBA (MARKETING), Professional Postgraduate Diploma In Marketing (CIM, UK)
- KSB Building, Room TF 37
Bylon Abeeku Bamfo was born in August 1972 to Mr. Nicholas Murphy Arthur (late) of Agona Nyakrom in the central Region of Ghana and Madam Florence Serwaa from Akim Chia in the Eastern Region of Ghana. I had my elementary education in a number of schools including Methodist Primary School at Akim Chia, Roman Catholic Primary School at Agona Naykrom, Roman Catholic Primary and Midlle Schools at Sefwi Bekwai, Local Authority Middle School at Gomoa Koforidua and finally at Urban “B” Middle School at Agona Swedru where I completed and had my Middle School Leaving certificate in 1988.
My secondary education started at Swedru School of Business, at Agona Swedru between 1988 and 1993, where obtained my Ordinary Level Certificate with distinction. In 1993 I proceeded to the Presbyterian Boys’ Secondary School and Sixth-Form Science College at Legon (Presec-Legon) for my sixth form studies and completed in 1995. I followed it up at the School of Administration of the University of Ghana (currently University of Ghana Business School) where I had B.Sc. in Business Administration (Marketing Option). My Master of Business Administration is Strategic Marketing was obtained from The University of Hull, United Kingdom in 2005 and Ph.D. from Southampton University Management School, United Kingdom, in 2014. I am married to Sarah Bamfo (Mrs) and we have two children. I give my spare time to reading and watching football matches.
List of Publications:
- Bamfo, B. A. and Asiedu-Appiah, F. (2016). Capacity building for entrepreneurship development: the role of enterprise support institutions. International Journal of Business and Management Studies, 5(02): 39–56.
- Asiedu-Appiah, F., Akwetea, B. E. and Bamfo, B. A. (2016). The effects of psychological contract on job satisfaction and competitive advantage. International Journal of Arts & Sciences, 9(2):17–40.
- Bamfo, B. A. and Asiedu-Appiah, F. (2015). Planning in small businesses: the perspectives of owner managers. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management. 2 (1): 1-14.
- Asiedu-Appiah, F., Mehmood, A. and Bamfo, B. A. (2015). Work-life balance practices, job performance and turnover intentions. International Journal of Arts & Sciences, 8(4):379–404.
- Bamfo, B. A. and Asiedu-Appiah, F. and Oppong-Boakye, P. K. (2015). Capacity building for entrepreneurship development in Ghana: the perspectives of owner managers. International Journal of Arts & Sciences, 8(5):481–498.
- Bamfo B. A. and Asiedu-Appiah, F. (2013). SMEs internationalization: the attitude of owner managers in Ghana. International Journal of Business and Management Studies, 2 (2): 225-239.
- Bamfo, B. A. and Atara, A. B. (2013). The role of marketing communications in student enrolment in private universities in Ghana. Global Advanced Research Journal of Management and Business Studies, 2. (5): 268-278.
- Asiedu-Appiah, F., Aduse, P. O. and Bamfo, B. A. (2013). An investigation into recruitment and selection practices of small and medium enterprises: evidence from Ghana. Global Advanced Research Journal of Management and Business Studies, 2 (3): 175-188.
- Bamfo, B. A. and Asiedu-Appiah, F. (2012). Investigating the challenges and prospects of female entrepreneurs in Ghana, International Journal of Business and Management Studies,1(1): 43-54.
- Bamfo, B. A. (2012). Exploring the challenges of small businesses in Ghana., Indian Journal of Economics and Business-IJEB, 11 (3): 593-606.
- Hannele, K., Richard, A. O. and Bamfo, B. A. (2012). Brand salience of OTC pharmaceuticals through package appearance, International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, 6 (3): 230-249.
- Bamfo, B. A. (2012). Consumer attitude towards products made in Ghana. Global Journal of Business Research, 6 (1): 9-46.
- Bamfo, B. A. (2010). Advertising likeability and its effectiveness. Journal of International Business and Finance (JIBE), 2 (1): 103-116.
- Bamfo, B. A. (2009). Exploring the relationship between customer satisfaction and loyalty in the mobile telecommunication industry in Ghana. Indian Journal of Economics and Business (IJEB), 8 (2): 299-311.
- Bamfo, B. A. (2009), Investigating customer satisfaction in the banking industry in Ghana, Indian Journal of Economics and Business-IJEB, Special Issue (2009), pp. 53-66.
Description of Research Interest:
- Advertising likability
- Consumer behavior
- Entrepreneurship small business development,
- Cause promotions and social marketing campaigns among other marketing
- Entrepreneurship topics.
Courses taught include the following:
- Principles of Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Social Marketing
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Entrepreneurship and small Business Management