Senior Lecturer | HOD, Marketing and Corporate Strategy
- PhD, Entrepreneurship (Ireland), MPhil, Public Policy and Administration (Norway), Master of Business Studies (Ireland), BSS, Political Science in IT (Norway), PG Certificate, Public Health (Sweden), BA, Sociology with Psychology (Legon)
- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- KSB Building Room TF 27
Dr. Wilberforce Owusu Ansah is an accomplished researcher, lecturer, trainer and consultant in Business (Entrepreneurship), Public Policy, Public Health and Immigrant Entrepreneurship. He has worked in private, public and not-for-profit organizations and academic institutions throughout the world including Norway, The Netherlands, Ireland and his native Ghana in many and varied capacities. He is currently the Head of Department of the Marketing and Corporate Strategy Department in the KNUST School of Business.
Dr. Owusu Ansah was a Training Development Officer with Integrating Ireland where he has designed and delivered a pilot innovative organizational development and capacity building and mentorship programme for Ethnic-led organizations in Ireland. Until recently, he was a Country Researcher (Ireland) to an EU project involving 31 European countries called BEPEE: Best Practices in the Promotion of Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurs in Europe (commissioned by the European Union (EU) and coordinated by the University of Amsterdam and Tridios FACET). He previously worked for the County Enterprise Boards as an Enterprise Development and Training Officer on the EMERGE project where he offered pioneering innovative enterprise development training programmes for ethnic minorities at pre-enterprise, start-ups and growth stages as well as mentoring to immigrants from new EU accession countries as well as third country nationals in Ireland.
He is a former Post-Doctoral Research Fellow and was a lecturer in entrepreneurship at the Dublin Institute of Technology and a consultant to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). At DIT, he was responsible for the design and teaching of many of its entrepreneurship programmes. He has also researched, presented and published widely on this topic (entrepreneurship), and social sciences and public health. Additionally, he is a mentor and private consultant to ethnic minority businesses. Through this integration of theory and practice he has been able to bring cutting edge research to small firms, as well as real business experiences to his students who include line-managers from the private and public sectors. He previously lectured at the University of Limerick. He holds a Doctor of Philosophy in Entrepreneurship from University of Limerick as well as possessing many academic qualifications from the University of Tromsø (Norway), the Umeà University (Sweden) and the University of Ghana (Ghana). Wilberforce holds two Bachelor Degrees in Political Science and Sociology with Psychology as well as a Masters’ Degree in Public Policy and Administration. He also holds a Post-Graduate Certificate in Public Health. In 2001, Wilberforce and Professor Patricia Fleming of the University of Limerick were jointly awarded the prestigious FGF Best Academic Award in Entrepreneurship at the Internationalizing Entrepreneurship Education and Training Conference held in South Africa. He is also a member of the judging panel of the Permanent TSB Ethnic Entrepreneur of year Award scheme.
List of Publications:
- Owusu-Ansah, W.A., (2012), Entrepreneurship Education on Career Intentions and Decisions: A Comparative Study of Tertiary Students in Ireland and Ghana, Germany, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, July (2012) (ISBN-10: 3659168777 ISBN-13: 978-3659168772
- Owusu-Ansah, W. and Fleming, P. (2002), The Impact of Entrepreneurship Education on Business Venturing: A Longitudinal Survey of Irish Graduates, A Book Chapter in Internationalizing Entrepreneurship Education and Training, Nieuwenhuizen and Klandt, (Eds) Lohmar-Koln, 91-111,
Articles: (Refereed Publications)
- Owusu-Ansah, W. A. and K. Poku (2012), Entrepreneurship Education, a Panacea to Graduate Unemployment in Ghana? International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Vol. 2 No. 15; August, USA
- Agyapong, V.I.O. and Owusu-Ansah, W.A., (2012) Worklife Balance among Part-Time MBA Students of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology School of Business in Ghana, International Journal Business and Social Science, Vol.3 No. 13; July, USA
- Owusu-Ansah, W.A. and Poku, K. (2012), The Effect of Tertiary Education on Enterprising Competencies Development in Ghana: A Case Study of Kwame Nkrumah Unversity of Science and Technology, CASS Journal of Art and Humanities, Vol. 2, No. 1, Jan-March (2012), Ghana
- Poku, K. and Owusu-Ansah, W.A. (2012), Effect of Service Quality on Customer Retention in the Telecommunication Industry in Ghana: The case of Mobile Telecommunication Network (MTN) CASS Journal of Art and Humanities, Vol. 2, No. 1, Jan-March, Ghana
- Owusu-Ansah, W. And K. Poku, (2011), "The Effect of Entrepreneurship Education on Enterprising Competencies Development and Career Intention of Students in Ghanaian Tertiary Institutions. Conference Proceedings of the 12th International Academy of Africa Business & development, Edmonton, Canada.
- Poku, K. and W. Owusu-Ansah (2011), Service Quality and Customer Retention in the Mobile Telecommunication Industry in Ghana, Conference Proceedings of the 12th International Academy of Africa Business & development, Edmonton, Canada
- Poku, K., W. Owusu-Ansah, and M. Zachary, (2011), Towards Examination of the Impact of Organisational Culture Traits on Bank's Performance in Ghana, Conference Proceedings of the 12th International Academy of Africa Business & development, Edmonton, Canada
- Owusu-Ansah, W. and P. Fleming, (2004) "Educating for Enterprise: Assessing the Impact of Entrepreneurship Education in Ghana": Conference Proceedings of the efmd 34th Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Small Business (EISB), Finland
- Owusu-Ansah,W., T. Cooney and J. Urquhart, (2004) "Engendering Innovation in the Public Sector", Conference proceedings of the Irish Academy of Management Conference, Dublin, Ireland
- Owusu-Ansah, W., (2004) "The Impact of Entrepreneurship Education on Career Intentions and Aspirations of Tertiary Students in Ghana Presented at 2004” Conference Proceedings of the 49th World International Council for Small Business (ICSB) Conference, South Africa
- Owusu-Ansah, W., T. Cooney and J. Urquhart, (2003). "How Innovative is the Public Sector? A Critical Debate", Conference Proceedings of the XVII Research in Entrepreneurship and Small Business (RENT)Conference, Poland
- Owusu-Ansah, W. and P. Fleming, (2001) "The Impact of Entrepreneurship Education on Business Venturing in Ireland: A longitudinal Study of Irish Graduates", Conference Proceedings of Internationalising Entrepreneurship Education and Training (IntEnt) Conference, South Africa (Best Academic Paper Award)
- Owusu-Ansah, W. (2008). "Integrating the Future - Nasc's Strategy on Access to Employment, Education and Enterprise for Migrant in Cork (Enterprise section): A Research commissioned by NASC- Immigrant Support, Cork, Ireland.
- Grosu, A and W. Owusu-Ansah, (2008) "Multicultural Health: An Assessment of Health and Personal Social Service Needs relating to Ethnic Minority Groups within the Mid West (Ireland)" A research commissioned by Social Inclusion Unit, HSE Mid-West, Limerick, Ireland
- Owusu-Ansah, W., (2007), "Best Practices in the Promotion of Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurs in Ireland (part of European-wide research)", A Research report submitted to University of Amsterdam/ FACET , The Netherlands.
- Owusu-Ansah, W. (2001), "Obstacles and Barriers to Transnational Vocational Mobility in Ireland: An Evaluation" FAS-National Resource Centre for Vocational Guidance, Programme Development, FAS, Dublin, Ireland
- Owusu-Ansah, W. (2001), "A Handbook for Adult Career Guidance" FAS-National Resource Centre for Vocational Guidance, Programme Development, FAS, Dublin, Ireland
- Entrepreneurship Education And Training;
- Enterprise Development,
- Immigrant Entrepreneurship,
- Social Entrepreneurship,
- NGOs, And Public Sector Management
- Advanced Entrepreneurship And Small Business Management,
- New Venture Creation,
- Corporate Entrepreneurship,
- Corporate Development,
- Cross-Cultural Management,
- Business Planning,
- Fundamentals Of Entrepreneurship,
- International Business Management,
- Marketing Research,
- Principles Of Management