Human Resource Management
The MBA/EMBA programme in Human Resource Management is one of the heavily subscribed programmes run by the School of Business. The two programmes are based on a similar curriculum with the EMBA tailored towards executive management. The first year of the programme exposes students to general courses in management. The second year is a specialization year where students undertake electives in human resource management. The Department has produced a reasonable number of graduates who are occupying positions in the field in private and public institutions.
Timing and duration for the programme
The MBA programme is run on full-time (mornings and afternoons during weekdays) and part-time (evenings during weekdays) basis whiles the EMBA programme is run on weekends (Friday evenings and Saturdays). Currently, the duration for the full-time programme is two years and that for the part-time and EMBA programme is three years.
The under listed are the courses offered on the programme;
Year One Semester One
- ACF 551 Management Accounting
- ISD 551 Quantitative Analysis
- ACF 553 Business Economics
- MAS 561Leadership and Organizational Behaviour
- MAS 553 Human Resource Management
- ISD 552 Operations Management
- MCS 552 Marketing Management
- ACF 554 Corporate Finance
- ISD 554 Research Methods
- ISD 556 MIS & E-Business
Year One Semester Two
* In addition to successfully completing the above courses, students will also be required to write and defend a thesis.